Port & River — 1808
Notice to Mariners
Notice to Mariners issued by Trinity House, 1904. Trinity House, which still has its headquarters on Tower Hill in the City of London, was the organisation responsible for the maintenance of navigation and buoys around the coast of the British Isles. This notice, issued in October 1904 warned mariners of a change to one of the navigation buoys in the River Thames and explained how to identify it by both day and night.
- Category:
- Port & River
- Object ID:
- 2011.90/11
- Object name:
- Notice to Mariners
- Object type:
- Artist/Maker:
- Smith & Erbbs Ltd
- Related people:
- Related events:
- Related places:
- Production date:
- 1808
- Material:
paper
- Measurements/duration:
- H 350 mm, W 215 mm
- Part of:
- —
- On display:
- —
- Record quality:
- 100%
- Part of this object:
- —
- Owner Status & Credit:
Permanent collection
- Copyright holder:
digital image © London Museum
- Image credit:
- —
- Creative commons usage:
- —
- License this image:
To license this image for commercial use, please contact the London Museum Picture Library.